[PD-dev] Looks like there's a song position pointer bug

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Sat Sep 20 17:14:01 CEST 2003

(Sorry if this has been sent more then once)

Well, I haven't heard from anyone, and I don't see anything later than what I
have that's relevant in CVS, so, I assume that no news is bad news, and that
the PD MIDI parser vomits green blood when you send it Song Position Pointer
messages.

... so I guess if you want something done, you gotta do it yourself.

So:

How are bug fixes submitted? (since the midi parser trips and falls when
getting an $F2, screwing up for example, the notein object, this isn't just a
missing feature, it's a bug)

I suppose I'll also have to make a MIDI object that sends a float when it
receives a song position pointer (this I need). And also one that can send
song position pointer messages (this I don't need, but I guess I gotta submit
anyway for the sake of completeness - grumble grumble).

So, can someone suggest that best procedure  who to send it to, in what
format, should I put it in the CVS directly, post patch files, send to
Miller, etc...?

But honestly, it would motivate me greatly to do a complete and thorough job,
if someone would send me some pointers or URLs on how to deal with this
hard-tab issue. It seems that the source I got from CVS has actual hard tabs
in it, and so far I don't see anything in the CVS docs on how to bypass that
so I get a clean copy, nor any mention anywhere in the source files of what
the spacing that these hard tabs represent.  I truly wish people would stop
using these retarded things, but since they still insist, I need advice on
how to deal with these "legacy" files.

Larry