[OT] Tabs / Re: [PD-dev] Looks like there's a song position pointer bug

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Sat Sep 27 02:12:30 CEST 2003

On Monday 22 September 2003 06:00, Krzysztof Czaja wrote:
> hi Larry,
>
> in (x)emacs you would just hook (untabify (point-min) (point-max))
> after (set-variable 'tab-width 8) on c-mode-common, or type ``M-x
> untabify'' on a selected buffer.  There is expand as well, on any
> unix.

Thanks, actually that tip will help a lot (but what happens with CVS - does it
know to consider tabs equivalent to spaces, and if so, how does it know what
the tab spacing is?

One thing I learned here (I think) is that normally hard tabs are eight spaces
on Unix. At least that seems to be the first spacing to try.

> Btw, I happen to prefer the `legacy' way...
>
> Krzysztof

Well, you're welcome to try to rationalize that preference - I'd really like
to know why you like hard tabs better :-)

Larry