[PD-dev] pd 0.37 bugs with canvases + gcc 3.3 compile??

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Sun Jan 18 23:21:42 CET 2004

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004, Miller Puckette wrote:
> besides TK (assuming that indeed turns out to be the main graphics performance
> problem in Pd, which I'm less and less sure of these days!)

I think this is really hard to tell. Assuming the implementation of the
canvas widget is more or less optimal (except on OSX probably), one
additional overhead that is surely added is the parsing and interpreting
of the tcl messages that are sent to the gui.
But to which amount is this responsible for the GUI problems, if at all ?

Guenter