[PD-dev] Help search; standard external installation paths

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Jan 27 23:29:06 CET 2004

Hallo,
Julius Smith hat gesagt: // Julius Smith wrote:

> Thanks for the help.  Is there a recommended way to access this function
> [class_sethelpsymbol(t_class *c, t_symbol *s)] via flext?
>
> It still seems to me that the default behavior (removing the tilde) is
> incorrect.

I think it's "flext_obj::DefineHelp" defined in flbase.cpp I tend to
avoid this though, because I prefer to just use the default behaviour,
not because it would be the correct thing to do, but because of ease
of maintainance: If someone (Miller) decides, that for example not
removing the tilde is better, I wouldn't need to change the source
code, I'd just rename the help file.

I actually agree that retaining the tilde is better, because it avoids
conflicts between non- and signal externals which carry the same name
(like cos and cos~)

ciao