[PD-dev] Re: bare bones autoconf/automake scripts for PD

august august at alien.mur.at
Fri Feb 20 15:42:12 CET 2004

> > to answer, my own question.....after two days of fighting with autoconf
> > and automake, I now have a decent configure setup.
>
> Would you share this?

surely.  right now, I'm just making adjustments for darwin.
It will come with the new readanysf~

is ./configure, make even possible under windows?

> > anyway, is there any chance of adding install hooks into the default pd
> > install scripts that put m_imp.h and g_canvas.h into the
> > /usr/local/include directory along with m_pd.h
> >
> > these two seem to be needed by a number of different externals.
>
> But they are considered to be a private interface. What should we do?

private in what sense?   flext uses both of them.  and I think I remember
some of Olaf's streaming externals using g_canvas.h.

when you do 'make install' in the pd src/ directory...it installs pd under
{$prefix}/bin and puts m_pd.h in {$prefix}/include, where {$prefix} is
usually /usr/local or /usr.  Would it be possible to just send g_canvas.h
and m_imp.h along with m_pd.h?

this would prevent someone from allways having to have the pd sources at
hand in order to compile externals.

-august.