[PD-dev] [cvs] New dev for SF

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Mar 14 23:36:01 CET 2004

I am very excited to have your code included in the CVS since I plan on
using them shortly.  I'll definitely add them to the next MacOS X and
Windows installers.  Do you know of any patch that uses the physical
models attached to input devices, like a mouse or joystick?

"cvs import" is used for starting a new module, like 'externals' or
'pd', at the root of the CVS.  You just need to "cvs add" your
directory and folders.  Here's how I work with the pure-data CVS:

mkdir ~/cvs
cd ~/cvs
export CVS_RSH=ssh
export CVSROOT=":ext:eighthave at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/pure-data"
cvs checkout pd
cvs checkout externals
cd externals
cp -a /path/to/pmpd .
cvs add pmpd
cd pmpd
cvs add *.c
cvs commit -m "this is a comment about the changes I made in this
commit"

(a lot of externals include m_pd.h, m_imp.h, etc. from the pd src,
that's why its good to check it out also, even if you are not going to
use it at all).

.hc