[PD-dev] Treating .pd-files as binaryin CVS

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Apr 27 11:50:30 CEST 2004

Hallo,
guenter geiger hat gesagt: // guenter geiger wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> > my only fear was, that the pd-community would not accept another
> > versioning system.
>
> I share this concern, on the other hand, somtimes a move motivates
> people. Now that we have some experience we can probably learn
> from errors made on the sf CVS and make it better, with a better
> version control system.

One nice thing about subversion is that is it designed to be used very
similar to CVS: svn commit, svn update and similar commands are all in
place. Someone who has used cvs can start with svn almost without
reading the manual and will find, that many of the problems (s)he
faced with cvs are now magically solved. ;)

Still I wouldn't want to press this issue at this time. Svn could
solve or ease some technical problems but not the social ones in
coordinating a community-driven repository.

Ciao