[PD-dev] definitely check out miller 0.38-test4!

James Tittle II tigital at mac.com
Fri Sep 3 15:51:25 CEST 2004

...just a short note:  even though it's based on 8.4.4, out of total
curiousity I just ran the ol' "testQuartz.pd" patch...under quickdraw,
it used to be a big cpu hog, but now it's not?  The new packaged pd.app
shows up as Pd and pd in top, and neither of them seem to break 10% cpu
on my machine, even with all the counters going!

...otoh, I just built 0.38-0test4 from source, this time against 8.5,
and for one thing it doesn't auto assemble the pd.app...so, ya have to
launch from cmdline, and that just uses wish shell again, which is also
back to it's huge cpu usage :-(

Big question:  is the pd.app packaging code going to be included in the
makefile?

...interesting,
james