[PD-dev] definitely check out miller 0.38-test4!

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Sep 3 17:30:05 CEST 2004

On Sep 3, 2004, at 9:51 AM, James Tittle II wrote:

> ...just a short note:  even though it's based on 8.4.4, out of total
> curiousity I just ran the ol' "testQuartz.pd" patch...under quickdraw,
> it used to be a big cpu hog, but now it's not?  The new packaged
> pd.app shows up as Pd and pd in top, and neither of them seem to break
> 10% cpu on my machine, even with all the counters going!
>
> ...otoh, I just built 0.38-0test4 from source, this time against 8.5,
> and for one thing it doesn't auto assemble the pd.app...so, ya have to
> launch from cmdline, and that just uses wish shell again, which is
> also back to it's huge cpu usage :-(
>
> Big question:  is the pd.app packaging code going to be included in
> the makefile?

Its based on what's in the CVS in packages/darwin_app.  Hopefully,
Miller's changes will soon be merged in.  You need to use the Tcl/Tk
Standalone Wish Shell.app to build it.  So in order to build an 8.5
version, you'll have to make an 8.5 Wish Shell.app standalone that has
the Frameworks included.

____

"Information wants to be free."
                              -Stewart Brand