[PD-dev] interpolating scalar dsp fuctions

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Sep 3 22:49:44 CEST 2004

Hallo,
Tim Blechmann hat gesagt: // Tim Blechmann wrote:

> well, matrix~ is not using any loop unrolling / vectorizing features ...
> if i've got a simple volume control, it's more or less a vector/scalar
> multiplication, sometimes this scalar will change ...
> so a |*~ 0| would perform best ... is suppose matrix~ will add some
> overhead (no benchmark, though)

True, but the difference between [line[ and [line~] itself is not big,
it will get a problem if you need and create a lot of [line~] objects.
In this case, [matrix~] might have less overhead in the end, as it
could provide room for optimizations. I didn't check if it does,
though ...

BTW: I now found, that matrix~ is available in zexy and in creb. I'd
say zexy has the older rights. ;)

Ciao