[PD-dev] cvs question

Reini Urban rurban at x-ray.at
Sun Oct 31 16:24:12 CET 2004

Tim Blechmann schrieb:
>>You can always test things on a local CVS server too.  You can just
> that's probably a good idea ...
>
>>copy the CVS files to your machine, and set your CVSROOT to point to
>>them, then try anything.  SourceForge used to provide a way to
>>directly  download the CVS files, but I haven't tried recently.
>
> that seems to be a useful feature (although i won't download the files
> with my poor dialup connection)
> anyway ... do you know if there is any cool cvs feature that allows one
> to mirror (and sync) a local cvs server with the sf cvs?

20 */4 * * * cd /home/pd-dev; cvs up

cool enough? (forgot if every 4 or 5th hr exactly)
that's for anonymous cvs. ext cvs via ssh has immediate updates.

send upstream also? cvs import is a bit intrusive.

there's no rsync/shell access at all to the cvs boxes, and the nightly
snapshot feature was turned off a few months ago when some folks began
to add broken crontab entries which brought the shell boxes down.
don't think that they'll turn it on again with the new webboxes, which
will come this month.
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/