[PD-dev] how to maintain "main" 0.38 and 0.39 branches together?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Nov 8 21:10:55 CET 2004

Ok, this is inspired by the best practices document:

(FYI: I am pretty sure you can not have "." in branch/tag names, hence
"_"):

Branches:
  MAIN                   where Miller maintains his development work on
the core
  release_0_38_patches   created after each completed release for
bugfixes
  devel_0_38             created after each completed release for Pd
community work

Tags:
  release_0_38           tagged with each release, before
release_*_*_patches is created
  build_0_39_yyyymmdd    tagged with each test release

Ideally, there would be regular (nightly/weekly) autobuilds so that
people working on one platform would know when the broke something on
another platform.  Also, this would eliminate the work that goes into
making test releases.  This is a key reason why I have been working on
automating builds.  And we are not far from being able to do this.

.hc