[PD-dev] OSCroute "set" feature request

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Wed Nov 10 21:51:47 CET 2004

Heya,

Thanks for the quick reply.

For my own purposes I'd be fine with single element set.

That being said that longer term flexibility would mean multi-element set would
come in handy... (I suppose what I'm saying here about OSCroute would also apply
to pd's internal route?)

If there are issues with changing outlet of a living object one OSC specific
solution could be:

if there is a single arg, and it is a float (w/out "/" prepended) then it would
set the number of outlets. This would not break current patches and give us
future functionality for multi element sets.

[set /one /two /three<

[OSCroute 3]

Same as:

[OSCroute /one /two /three]

Of course this approach would not work with PD's internal route...

Can you change the number of inlets of an instanciated object via message?

Thanks for entertaining the suggestion!
B.