[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Feature Requests-1067575 ] dynamic importing of externals and name spaces

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Nov 17 18:39:11 CET 2004

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

>> ahm.
>>
>> so these are the weaknesses of feature-request-trackers: people start
>> requesting things that are already there....
>

> This has nothing to do with the Feature Tracker at all, but will happen
> regardless of which method is used to request features.  For example,
> already existing features are frequently requested on these lists.

true

> Does that mean the Pd lists are not useful?

no, of course not.

i did not try to be offensive or (too) sarcastic.

of course it is good to have requests for already existing features, as
you can close them fairly fast and thus have good response-times (a bit
of irony)

now to me the question arises, should feature requests be discussed on
the mailing list ?
if so, prior to posting a feature request? so you can get answers
immediately; btw. do the requesters get feed-back when their request's
status changes (i guess anonymous will get none) ? so they'll know that
they can now do what thay always wanted to (or not, in case)
does this sound arrogant ? i mean "dude, ask before requesting! and
google before asking!"
and of course the tracker is more anonymous and you don't have to be
subscribed to any mailing-list.

or after the feature request ? i guess so, as that is the point of
directing it to pd-dev.

i still think that the feature-requester is a good thing.

i just found it amazing that of the first 3 requests (that were sent to
  pd-dev), two where already implemented: i admit, one is brand new (not
even released officially); but the other one is there since i know pd.
and while being amazed i wrote my email.
i don't know, how i should have expressed my amazement differently.

mfg.as.dr
IOhannes