garrays in dsp (was Re: [PD-dev] re: branch convergence)

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Fri Nov 26 14:46:11 CET 2004

hi miller, hi devs

> Hmm, and on that subject, I'm making changes in garray for 0.39 that
> might point to a different approach to using arrays in DSP, not sure
> yet.  I'm trying to unify "regular" (named) arrays with the ones that
> can appear in"scalars"... which is in turn necessary for me to make
> any more progress on the "data" aspect of Pd...
working on the threaded soundfiler again, i'm investigating
possibilities to update pointers to g_arrays that are ->usedindsp ...

since the current implementation using canvas_update_dsp() possibly
recompiles the dsp chain (is this correct?), i thought of a way to store
the pointers to the pointers to the array in garray_getfloatarray() in
struct t_array ... after the position of the array in memory changed,
it's possible to update all these pointers ...

miller ... since you are also planing to work on arrays in dsp, i'm
curious if you already thought of a different solution for such a
problem ...

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783