garrays in dsp (was Re: [PD-dev] re: branch convergence)

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Sun Nov 28 20:37:34 CET 2004

Hi all,

Well, it might be simpler to store a pointer to the t_array instead of
one to the actual vector (a_vec) in the DSP routines.  That way, resizing
or swapping vectors could happen without re-sorting DSP, but you'd still
have to re-sort ig a "t_garray" got deleted or renamed.  The cost would
be one additional pointer chase in each of the tabread~, tabwrite~, etc.,
operations.

I've almost finished my work of redesigning the garray/array business
(to unify it with arrays in "structs") and hope to check it in today...

cheers
Miller