[PD-dev] restructuring CVS (a tiny little bit)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Mar 26 22:37:21 CET 2005

I love clean repositories!

On Mar 23, 2005, at 10:35 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> hi all
>
> as i have restructured zexy i have noticed again all my faults i had
> made when initially checking in zexy:
> being not able to handle CVS properly (then (??)) i had managed to
> create directories within /cvsroot/pure-data like:
>  /externals/zexy/external/zexy/[src|examples]
>  /externals/zexy/zexy/[src|examples]
> instead of just
>  /externals/zexy/[src/examples]
>
> now i'd like to finally get really rid of these void (and empty)
> directories; the proper way to do so is by contacting the sf-team and
> ask them to manually delete these files.
>
> before i ask them to do so, i wanted to ask you whether anyone (has
> objections...) wanted to do something similar to their part of the
> repository;
> we could then just commit one single request to get rid of all those
> left-overs
>
> /externals/forward seems to have moved to externals/sprinkler  (bryan
> ?)
>
> /extensions is empty (what was it meant for, btw ?)

It was meant for things like Xgui, Paradiddle, gripd, etc. which aren't
really externals as much as extensions.  As far as I am concerned, it
can stay or go since its empty.

> should we move /Framestein to /externals/Framestein ??

Yes, sounds like a good idea.

> should move /gem to /externals or even remove it alltogether ???

I'd say remove it.  If it was ever used for active development, I'd say
move it to /externals to keep the history.

.hc