[PD-dev] help with first gui-external

Robert Gründler dobre at gmx.at
Sat Apr 9 22:19:45 CEST 2005

hi list,

i've started learning C a few weeks ago. At the moment, i'm trying to
write a waveform editor for pd, and up till now, i'm at a point where
i'd need some advice from more experienced developers concerning my
code.

The code is mainly based on B. Bogarts „popup“, the hslider- and the
garray objects.

Here are my questions:

1. I'd like to output the selection start/end points as milliseconds.
How can i get the samplerate of a soundfile? Right now, i'm simply using
pd's system-samplerate for samples-to-milliseconds conversion .

2. When i change the appearance of the mouse cursor over a tk-item using
<Enter> and <Leave>, how can i get back to use the normal pd mouse
cursors after leaving again? (it stays in the appearance i use in the
<Leave> command)

I think i have to make the <Leave> command use the current pd-mouse-
state somehow.

3. What do i need to concern about when writing gui-objects for Graph-
on-Parent use? At the present state, pd crashes when i try to open a
subpatcher including my object as GOP (Memory Access Violation).

Also i'd be very grateful if anyone could have a look at the code and
tell me, where it can be optimized, cause i'm not quite sure if i didn't
express some parts pretty complicated.

source is here-> http://rcjackson.members.wekay.at/download/

Thanks for your help

Robert

here's a helpfile:

#N canvas 130 89 1024 524 10;

#X obj 710 239 soundfiler;

#X obj 241 218 waver sepp;

#X floatatom 241 409 5 0 0 0 - - -;

#X floatatom 534 408 5 0 0 0 - - -;

#X text 597 408 ms;

#X msg 241 152 mode \$1;

#X msg 154 63 1;

#X msg 258 66 2;

#X msg 301 66 3;

#X floatatom 387 161 5 0 0 0 - - -;

#X floatatom 534 166 5 0 0 0 - - -;

#X obj 619 189 table foo;

#X obj 618 213 table bar;

#X msg 21 152 set foo;

#X msg 102 154 set bar;

#X obj 710 157 openpanel;

#X obj 710 121 bng 15 250 50 0 empty empty empty 0 -6 0 8 -262144 -1

-1;

#X msg 710 188 read -resize \$1 foo;

#X msg 864 189 read -resize \$1 bar;

#X obj 862 133 bng 15 250 50 0 empty empty empty 0 -6 0 8 -262144 -1

-1;

#X obj 864 162 openpanel;

#X text 330 67 zoom;

#X text 252 45 select;

#X text 114 13 move selection;

#X text 112 27 (shift-drag changes loop size);

#X text 362 141 selection start;

#X text 498 143 selection end;

#X text 125 409 selection start;

#X text 431 408 selection end;