[PD-dev] Re: [PD] building all external on linux

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Apr 12 17:59:33 CEST 2005

On Apr 12, 2005, at 7:48 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Frank Barknecht wrote:
>> Hallo,
>> It should be changed, shouldn't it?
>
> since i am the fastest typer i have done so.
> all "./include"-files are linked to the current versions via
> h-includes.

Actually, the complete headers need to be there.
externals/build/include is mostly there for building the debian
package.  All of the source code for building the externals package
needs to be included within the 'externals' directory in order for the
Debian auto-builders to build properly.

The other option would be to make a debian source package for Pd, then
we could get rid of externals/build/include.

I updated the headers with the files from pd-0.38-4 and added a README
since you aren't the first to make this mistake.  (I made this mistake
too, I should have written the README then... oh well... ).

Also, I changed the INCLUDES in linux/makefile, win/makefile, and
darwin/makefile so that it'll look for the headers in the pd source
(according to the standard CVS dev layout) before looking in
externals/build/include.

 From this:
INCLUDES = -I. -I.. -I../include

to this:
INCLUDES = -I. -I.. -I../../../pd/src -I../include

____

realize his wishes.
Now that he can realize them, he must either change them, or perish.
		                                     -William Carlos Williams