[PD-dev] scons build system

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sun Jun 19 21:39:24 CEST 2005

hi carmen ...

> nice work! had some errors to work thru for it to work here (on
> devel_0_39, where i checked it in with changes)
well, since devel_0_39 isn't really working at the moment due to
miller's gui changes, i'm still working on devel_0_38 ....

> conf failed: no symlink from libtk8.5 to libtk if installed from CVS
>  solution hardcoded to 8.5 (bad) should loop thru check 8.[2-5] or
>  something?
yes ... this would make sense ...

> conf failed: no default optimize flag
>  solution set default to i686
ouch ...

> build failed: portaudio gunk (missing files, ringbuffer.h blah blah)
>  solution added portaudio=false option
hm ... i'm on the recent pa19 cvs on my machine ... might be a good idea
to import that to the cvs, too

> then only built with:
>  portaudio=false
right ... i forgot the check for libportaudio

> atomic=false
well ... this should be changed ... only works on ia_32

> standardize on positive? (simd=true instead of nosimd=false)
well, simd should be true, since it's working on nearly every hardware
(well, possibly not on x86_64), so it's always a good idea to enable
it... for other cases a test would make sense ...

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs