[PD-dev] compiling pd-devel & pd 0.38-4 noise on startup

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Thu Jun 23 22:53:49 CEST 2005

> I've checked out pd HEAD and I'm not sure if I should have used a
> release tag? Anyhow the usual ./configure does not work due to the
> fact that there is no "configure" file in pd/src.
>
> What tag should I be using? Does compiling pd-devel take steps other
> than the usual ./configure && make depend && make ?
well first of all HEAD is not devel!
the missing configure script should be easy to rebuild: "cd ./src/ &&
autoconf"

if you want to use devel, i'd recommend to try the branch tagged
"devel_0_38" or the latest tarball on sf.net
there are currently two ways to build devel_0_38, an autoconf system
(after running the ./bootstrap.sh script) or the brand new scons build
system (which will most likely work on linux only, since i don't have
access to a mac and i haven't finished installing windoze on my laptop).

in general, i'd recomment devel_0_38, since it's pretty stable, has an
improved scheduler tuned for lowest latencies and performs faster due to
handcoded simd code ...

for the noise problem ... if you can reproduce this on devel, i'd be
willing to look into it ...

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs