[PD-dev] Tcl/Tk versions since 8.4.4 on Mac OSX?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Jul 16 00:12:57 CEST 2005

On Jul 15, 2005, at 5:53 PM, Tim Blechmann wrote:

>> Yes, I forgot all about it!  And I don't know why I didn't want the
>> jack part (possibly because I knew I couldn't test it at the time),
>> but have gone agead and put it in now.  I'm currently having other
>> difficulties (portaudio V19 transition) but once I get a test tone out
>> I'll commit to CVS...
> well, pa v19 supports jack ... both on linux and osx ... except that
> you
> can't link statically due to name clashes with the hacked pablio, it
> works fine ...

That's good to know, it should simplify things in the future.  But the
Jack dependency needs to be optional so we don't need to release
separate Jack and non-Jack binaries. Currently that's done with
"-weak_framework Jack" when linking.  Do you know if pd v19's jack
support can be optional in binary?

> --
> mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
> http://www.mokabar.tk
>
> latest mp3: kMW.mp3
> http://mattin.org/mp3.html
>
> latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
> http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/
>
> After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space
> would say "I want to see the manager."
> 				      William S. Burroughs

____

deliberately throwing it
away to benefit those who profit from scarcity."

        -John Gilmore