[PD-dev] Re: pure devil (fwd)

Georg Holzmann grhPD at gmx.at
Wed Aug 10 17:39:47 CEST 2005

Hallo!

> Transparency is indeed valuable for visual feedback. (Actually I'm
> wishing we can have nice real-time blurring one day so that that could
> also be used for visual feedback.
what do you mean with real-time blurring ?

> widget is the same, each object has a stacking order. I guess what your
> saying is the ability to add things like "raise" and "lower" to change
> the stacking? Damn this could be handy for putting a canvas in the
yes ...
> background "send to back" actually this is totally doable in tcl/tk, I
> never thought of it. Is this worth pursuing even for Miller's gui?
yes - at least I need it quite often ...

> Interesting to do the interpolation state-saving in the GUI part only. I
> suppose this would lead to some lack of flexibilty if we wanted to
> change the type of interpolation from the PD engine side.. based on midi
> controllers or something... hmmm
yes - I also don't know if it's a good idea ...

> Talking to Matieu and Chrisian on IRC I was thinking it would be great
> to have a human readable interface between the GUI and PD. Rather some
> middle ware that would convert the fast internal format to something
> that would be useful for dynamic scripting (ala dyn, pd messages) but
> also odd stuff like HC's serindipidy, converting webforms directly to a
> patch creation, all that magic glue.. making custom (installation
> specific) interfaces to PD easier and as powerful as the GUI itself.
good idea - this would require something like a scripting language
between the GUI and PD ?
(I think I can remember a similar discussion some time ago ... and I
think tim said this would be too slow ... )

LG
Georg