[PD-dev] bug? using { in messages

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Aug 23 13:52:23 CEST 2005

Tim Blechmann wrote:
> hi all,
>
> is it only my machine, or does pd somehow get into a bad state if i
> enter a '{' character to a message box?
>
> after entering a {, pd doesn't react any more ...
> reproduced on 0.38-4 and devel_0_39 ...

i just encountered this behaviour too: pd doesn't really hang or get in
a bad state, it is just tcl that waits for the bracket to be closed.

create an object-box and type "{"
type some characters (nothing will be displayed)
type "}"

if you do several "{"s, then you will have to close all of them before
you get back to "responding"

would be good, if that could be fixed...

mfg.a.dsr
IOhannes