[PD-dev] uninitialized values bug

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Oct 8 08:23:16 CEST 2005

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005, Guenter Geiger wrote:

> If you want to check out how others get their code into PD, here
> is the link of the patches tracker:
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=55736&atid=478072
> (Sorry it seems that all your contributions either got deleted
> or already accepted, or is it that .. no, no, I cant belive that :)

Well, to make sure it's worth submitting anything of mine, I thought I'd
like to wait until Tim's FFTW patch gets accepted first. :-(

But, if you look at the patch tracker with the link you gave above, you
will see that the FFTW patch has been submitted 11.5 months ago, that the
first reaction to it (by _anyone_) waited till May when Miller said:

* I don't know what to do about this one.  I don't use FFTW because it
  requires "configure" and I don't have a windows machine with CYGWIN, so
  wouldn't ever be able to test this.  Perhaps it's for use with linux
  only?  Rumor has it fftw is much faster than meyer, but I've never
  wanted to go to the hassle of learning how to install it.

and still nothing has been done about it.

And that's only one feature.

The patches tracker is not my only way of communicating with Miller. I
have other ways of knowing that he wouldn't accept my patches.