[PD-dev] New to list

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Nov 14 02:39:40 CET 2005

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005, caca wrote:

> > What would you like to improve in PureData ?
> id like to make PD work on my computer, i enjoyed using it!

Hi caca,

We should reserve some time for an AMD64 debugging session with you. This
is especially important, as in AMD64 mode the K8 computers become
generally faster.

(With the few P4/PM/etc computers that have 64-bit support, the 64-bit
mode makes them generally slower so there's little point in implementing
that on those computers.)

Unfortunately, all that I've got at home is a PM (Centrino) and a 6809.

When would be the best time for you?

We would only deal with Linux, because that should solve the problem for
64-bit OSX at the same time. Unfortunately, Win64 will need some further
fixes because its "long" type is not 64-bit (!!!).