[PD-dev] loaderHEX bug report

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Nov 22 18:29:52 CET 2005

günter geiger wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Nov 2005, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>
>>but probably it would be nice to hear somebody else's opinion on this
>>(at least from those who are not entirely bored of this thread)
>

> Not an opinion,but an alternative proposal would be to use something
> non-numeric instead of 0x, like "$" for example.

looking into kernighan-ritchie it says (if i read the c-syntax-graph
correctly) that the function-name is an identifier which in turn has to
match the regular expression "[_A-Za-z]{[_A-Za-z0-9]}*" (transcription
to regex done by me, so it might be erroneous)

it doesn't say anything about non-alphanumeric characters (except for
the underscore), so i am a bit afraid of that.

mfg.adr
IOhannes