[PD-dev] loaderHEX bug report

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Wed Nov 23 12:31:47 CET 2005

Hi all,

>> What about alt_0x3c0x3c0x3c_setup()?  That would highlight that its an
>

> but this really makes and object called [alt_0x3c0x3c0x3c] impossible!
>
>> alternate name, rather than just having an seemingly arbitrary
>> reversal  of the "setup" placement.  And the function is called
>> sys_load_lib_alt().  That makes more sense in terms of the API.
>

> well calling it sys_load_lib_alt() was a very fast decision (so i am
> not proud of it).
> i still think that the alternative setup function should be called
> fundamentally differently, so that it is impossible to make an object
> with a normal setup-function that is named like the alternative
> function of another object.
>
> but probably it would be nice to hear somebody else's opinion on this
> (at least from those who are not entirely bored of this thread)

using my loader patch the naming of the loader function would be
irrelevant since it's just including in a chain of loader functions,
starting with the classic (now called sys_loader_lib_internal) PD loader.

Concerning the setup function naming - how about xyz_altsetup ?
it's true that it should be distinguished from the old naming, but
should not have a prefix that excludes some object names.

best greetings,
Thomas

--
Thomas Grill