[PD-dev] dual float/signal abstractions

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Jan 2 17:01:33 CET 2006

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Mathieu Bouchard hat gesagt: // Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> Not in my opinion, I think it can be quite useful. I use a similar
> trick of $1 evaluating to an operator like + or * or to a
> [makefilename] argument for example in [list]-abs.

I do this too! And I already combine both techniques, like this:

  [$1.do $2]

e.g.

  [commutator f +] contains [f.do +] which does [+]
  [commutator ~ +] contains [~.do +] which does [+~]
  [commutator # +] contains [#.do +] which does [# +]

> "Evil" would be this: [t b f ~]
> Or not? ;)

Last night I made a [f.taa] and a [~.taa] so that i can order messages in
abstrs that have a signal mode just by writing [$1.taa].