[PD-dev] getting Pd's version within Pd

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Jan 28 10:23:04 CET 2006

Zitiere Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>:

> I am thinking it would be quite handy to be able to get the current
> version of Pd from in a patch.  This would probably take the form of a
>
> [version] object that returns the version when banged.  The output
> could look like this:
>

> Comments, ideas, suggestions, objections?

i would love that!
especially with things like [atan2] which make patches build with older versions
of pd totally useless...

mfg.asdr
IOhannes

PS: totally unrelated (i just don't want to write a separate email for this
minor correction, so i hijack this one) but in the other thread (regarding
sinf,...) my "Yes!" is an answer for "objections?" rather than "i'll make a patch"