[PD-dev] time for svn?

David Plans Casal main at davidcasal.com
Sat Feb 25 12:31:14 CET 2006

On 25 Feb 2006, at 01:51, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> SourceForge just announced that their Subversion service is out of
> beta.  Is it time to give it a try?  It sounds really great, a lot
> more that I expected.

Yes please! I've been using SVN for 3 years now (as a user, not
admin), and in comparison, working with CVS is such a drag.

> It seems that now would be a good time to start testing since
> development activity is pretty low.  (perhaps everyone is busy with
> other things...).  I have not used svn really at all, so I am
> probably not the one to spearhead this effort.  But I can test
> while learning SVN.

I wouldn't feel comfortable setting up the initial repos, but I can
do if no-one else (more experienced) is up for it.

David Plans Casal
Researcher, UEA Studios
d.casal at uea dot ac dot uk
http://www.davidcasal.com