[PD-dev] sendOSC bug - cannot send numeric symbols

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Mar 7 16:30:21 CET 2006

Hallo,
Claude Heiland-Allen hat gesagt: // Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:

> I'm trying to send the symbol output of [makefilename %d] using sendOSC,
> but it gets sent as a number instead of as a string.  If I use
> [makefilename x%d] it is sent as a string, but I don't want that x
> there.

How are you sending? You cannot conserve "symbol 2" in a list- or
meta-message as in

  [4(

  [makefilename %d]

  [send /test $1(

  [sendOSC]

as that would be sending the equivalent of [send /test 4( and your
"symbol" is gone before it reaches the [sendOSC]. You could of course
send: [send /test symbol 4( though you wouldn't need [makefilename] for
that (and it still wouldn't be a string for most apps...)

Ciao