[PD-dev] "object" lib

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Apr 15 11:48:05 CEST 2006

Hallo,
Chris McCormick hat gesagt: // Chris McCormick wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 15, 2006 at 01:44:50AM -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> > What's the use of distinguishing 'patching' and 'programming' ?
>
> What's the use in ignoring the differences between 'patching' and
> 'programming'?

How about agreeing, that there *is* a difference between developing
something through patching and developing something through writing
text? While I do my fair share of programming with textual languages,
I much prefer patching with Pd over writing structured texts when it
comes to artistic work. I don't know why, I guess patching activates
other switches and presses different buttons in my mind than writing
does.

Ciao