[PD-dev] net objects

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Apr 25 19:08:18 CEST 2006

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

>> that is what i exactly what i head in mind: i thought "relaying the news
>>  to the villager" is like "pass the message to the object without
>> modifying it"; however i english is not my primary language.
>
> relaying doesn't have any branches, relaying is just from one thing to
> another (from "me" to the "villagers").
>
> relaying: () -> ()
>
> routing:    /-->()
>         ()-|--->()
>             \-->()
>
> Hope this wasn't too pedantic, I was just trying to be clear.

no i am fine with that, it is always good to learn something.
i had a hard time to find a short and pregnant name for the object and
when i finally found [relay] i was quite happy.
in a way the object does relay from one object to 1 other object; being
mail adminstrator i could see the "postman" functionality of the object:
the postman gets a message for a person and passes it on depending on
the address. this is not a 1-to-many form of distribution.

however, i will be happy to use a better name if somebody finds one...

mfg.asdr.
IOhannes