[PD-dev] new developer - jasch

/*j jasch at kat.ch
Wed May 10 14:27:29 CEST 2006

lurking indeed,

having just spent a very inspiring week in the company of hans, i
have started building up my external porting-muscles (they are
somewhere in the lower back, no?) ;)

let me introduce myself:

i'm a trained jazz doublebass-player and composer, but have mutated
into a media-artist in the last few years. i hold a masters in
digital arts from pompeu fabra university in barcelona (hi günther)
and am currently employed at the institute for computer music and
sound technology of the zurich school for music, drama and dance
(soon to be part of the zurich art academy zhdk).

i've been using Max/MSP since 1997 and have followed the evolution of
PD from the sidelines for almost the same time.
my artistic work nowadays consists mainly in playing a live
audiovisual piece called "codespace" and collaborating/creating
installations involving realtime abstract graphics and surround sound.
this is also where my main interest in using PD lies: as a tool for
running long-term installations on the linux platform.
my experience with code has been mainly with max-externals and i
offer a collection of over a hundred objects for free download. i'm
now interested in porting most of these objects to PD, on the one
hand for selfish reasons: to have my tools available for my own work,
but also with the idea of sharing them the same way than i do in Max/
MSP.
in addition some of the projects at my workplace might also include
writing code for PD. i have already convinced them to let us publish
code such as the ambisonic-tools under the GPL (see http://
www.icst.net).
so if i get accepted into the dev-circles, i hope to be contributing
a fair bit of code if not also other support to the PD community.

to learn more about me visit my website http://www.jasch.ch

thank you for your attention...

/*j