[PD-dev] using CSocket in external

walter jenner walter at teesackerl.at
Mon May 15 11:46:43 CEST 2006

Hello!

I'm trying to use a MFC CSocket in an pd external written with flext. I
am able to connect and send messages to  to my corresponding
application. This application receives the message and responses to it.
This response leaves the application (checked with a sniffer) and should
be received by my external. The problem is, that CAsyncSocket::OnReceive
is not called.

The thing is, that the same messaging/socket system is working when i
use it in an other application, but not withing my pd-external.

So, has someone experiences with a CSocket in an external, or some ideas
why OnReceive is not called, or some other hints?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Walter Jenner