[PD-dev] Re: Packaging system (WAS Re: [PD] Pd standalone instruments ... )

Alexandre Quessy listes at sourcelibre.com
Tue Aug 8 04:18:49 CEST 2006

On 8/7/06, hans at eds.org <hans at eds.org> wrote:

> I think this could be a good idea, but it will be quite a bit of
> work.  As long as we share a single build system, I think it will
> work.  The current one is already pretty modular, but it could use
> more work, like a proper ./configure setup.

Yes. You are right : I forgot that it is better to compile everything
together. I think I need a crash course on the pd-extended build
system... I will study a bit, soon. :-)

> I am currently in the process of helping Nando @ CCRMA to base his
> PlanetCCRMA Pd packages off of the extended build system, and its
> mostly working quite well.  But the process is highlighting some
> areas that need work.

Yeah. Taking shores is a good way to learn too. Maybe a ticket system,
or a much used wiki, would be great. I am thinking about
http://trac.edgewall.org/ and such.

--
Alexandre Quessy
http://alexandre.quessy.net