[PD-dev] configuration : .pdrc, preference dialog... s-lang

Alexandre Quessy listes at sourcelibre.com
Mon Aug 14 19:28:56 CEST 2006

Hi !
I would like to know where the configuration system of pd is heading
to. I have read many months ago that the ~/.pdrc was deprecated.... I
like that system, even though it is not possible to include comments
in it.

Maybe a system that would be nice to migrate to is the
http://www.jedsoft.org/slang/ interpreter, which is somewhat similar
to a simplified C syntax. I know there are many languages like this
one (namely Lua, processing, etc.) but this one looks nice. For those
that like the console to write software, you should check out the Jed
editor, by the same author.

--
Alexandre Quessy
http://alexandre.quessy.net