[PD-dev] [initbang]: any use?
matju at artengine.ca
Wed Aug 23 06:25:46 CEST 2006
On Mon, 21 Aug 2006, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> actually this example belongs to the only group of objects where i can
> see the use for a closebang.
It shouldn't be called "closebang" because in the case of abstractions the
thing called "close" only closes the window, so it only hides the
instance, not destroying it. If it destroyed the instance, it could be
* "delete" in C++ calls the destructor and frees the memory
* destructor in C++ never frees memory
* "delete" in DesireData GUI is both a destructor and frees the memory
* "free" in PureData C interface is both a destructor and frees the
* "free" in C just frees the memory
* "free" in Ruby C interface is both a destructor and frees most of the
* "finalize" in Ruby and Java is a destructor but never frees memory
_ _ __ ___ _____ ________ _____________ _____________________ ...
| Mathieu Bouchard - tél:+1.514.383.3801 - http://artengine.ca/matju
| Freelance Digital Arts Engineer, Montréal QC Canada
More information about the Pd-dev