[PD] Re: [PD-dev] launching tcl/tk scripts from pd

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Nov 7 01:07:57 CET 2006

On Tue, 7 Nov 2006, Federico wrote:

> it seems i have discovered the source of problems... my video
> acquisition card is generating strange warnings about IRQ.... bttv0: IRQ
> lockup, cleared int mask [bits: FMTCHG* VSYNC* HSYNC* OFLOW* HLOCK*
> VPRES* 6* 7* I2CDONE* GPINT* 10* RISCI* FBUS* FTRGT* FDSR* PPERR*
> RIPERR* PABORT* OCERR* SCERR*] ... bttv0: IRQ lockup, cleared int mask
> [bits: HSYNC OFLOW VPRES I2CDONE*] cause without loading the bttv module
> my patch seems to work ok. so sorry for allarmistic bug spam :)

I also use bttv cards and I sometimes found that [metro] and [fps] don't
agree even when the CPU usage is less than 100%. It varied in irregular,
hard-to-predict ways. I mean, for each [metro] rate, it's stable (except
for Ruby's garbage collection), but sometimes lowering the [metro] rate
makes the framerate slower instead of faster. I haven't seen that in the
last two years though.