[PD] Re: [PD-dev] launching tcl/tk scripts from pd

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Nov 12 00:00:26 CET 2006

On Nov 5, 2006, at 6:58 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Sun, 5 Nov 2006, Federico wrote:
>> Mathieu Bouchard ha scritto:
>
>> i discovered delays of toxy when dealing with messages that needs
>> to be timing-accurate
>>> Do you want to give me a hand making/designing this?
>> yes! (as I said you on IRC)
>> let me know some newz ;)
>
> Ok, if I'm not staying too long in Toronto, we're having a
> developers meeting tomorrow at Ottawa university (matju + _heri +
> alx1) and we're going to talk about GridFlow II. Then I'd like to
> make a prototype of that external as soon as possible, possibly
> using SWIG; _heri has gained quite a bit of experience with SWIG.
> Once we have something that works I'll make you try.
>
> However, there's a slight chance that we back off from that project
> (of making an external for server-side tcl), so I don't really want
> to promise anything tonight.

If you are going to add Tcl support, I highly recommend that you
check out the loader functionality that Thomas wrote.  Its in both
devel and MAIN, and there is a working CLR version working.  I am
thinking you could implement a Tcl loader and Pd API layer, then
you'll be able to write regular Pd objects directly in Tcl.

Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war
on terrorism.        - retired U.S. Army general, William Odom