[PD-dev] Re: PD-cvs Digest, Vol 21, Issue 30

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Nov 30 01:56:09 CET 2006

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, Georg Holzmann wrote:

> yes, but when there are more and more branches every developer will have
> it's own one and it's much more difficult for new one to join (where?)

Right, right, but then, how do we get out of that situation? we can't. So
let's concentrate on things that we can change.

> well, if more people are working on the same then it's also clear that
> sometimes there are clashes ...

well, yes, when I work with Chun there are clashes and we resolve them.

> and it's also logical that Thomas doesn't take the latest cvs and
> maintains a more "stable" version for his product ...

I understand that too; however, I haven't seen much action in the
devel_0_39 branch lately. It doesn't disturb me that Thomas has a private
branch, it's just that I reassessed the advantage of being in one CVS
branch when the number of #ifdef DESIRE just raised suddenly in the last
week, due to my new changes, and was going to continue raising steadily
over the next months.

> (I know, for me as a outsider it's easy to say that ... ;)

yes. come hang around on the #desiredata channel some day...

> please wait at least some days till everyone is calmed down and you can
> speak about the actual problems before you make such a work ...

Hey, I've been calm all day. Just because the decision was sudden, doesn't
mean that there hasn't been any reflection on it. I don't necessarily post
all of my thoughts on pd-dev.