[PD-dev] Makefile with recursive directories

Alexandre Quessy listes at sourcelibre.com
Thu Mar 22 07:57:59 CET 2007

Hi all,
I want to add the pdmtl abstractions in the CVS. (I have a developper
account.) Our library uses  many directories so that our abstractions
names look like [generate/adsr~] and [seq/liner], for instance. Now,
having several directories that might (will) change over time makes it
a bit longer to write a Makefile entry to make it part of the
pd-extended build system. Is there somewhere a Makefile syntax to make
it automagic ? Otherwise, this could be a ($shell ) thing with a find
and a bunch of grep. Other solution : generate the makefile with a
Python script, for instance. Anyone has a quick solution for this ?

Other point: I need to put this in the abstractions part of the CVS,
right ? I would rather put it in externals, but if you insist... ;)

Thanks for helping. By the way, this structure is a kind of a proposal
for a system to classify externals and abstractions by what they do,
not by they author's name. See http://pdmtl.goto10.org for more infos.

--
Alexandre Quessy
http://alexandre.quessy.net