[PD-dev] Test extended 6 Ubuntu Dapper i686. Alternative errors

Javier García tirengarfio at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 28 23:12:29 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have just installed the extended test 6 for Ubuntu Dapper i386 (I have
Edgy and core duo) without problems just typing "make install".

But happends something curious when i execute pd. Let's see:

I open the terminal and i write "pd", and pd opens without problems. I exit
from puredata. I close the terminal.

I open the terminal again and i write "pd" again, and pd opens but in the
terminal appears this:

"Pd: system call timed out" and it takes several seconds to show the window
to create a new .pd document. I close puredata. I close the teminal.

I open again the terminal. I type again "pd", but this time doesnt appear
the message "Pd: system call timed out". Just like the first time.

I open again pd and this time it shows the message "Pd: system call timed
out", and so on...

So it alternatively shows the message or not.