[PD-dev] how to check if buffer is valid...

Ji-Sun hideaway at vt.edu
Tue Mar 27 18:48:59 CEST 2007

Hello,

I am a rookie in PD, and currently developing some externals with flext.

In order to check if a buffer is valid in flext, I am using "Valid"
function.

The "Valid" function uses a Max-dependent structure to check the buffer's
validation for MAX, but there is nothing for PD.

MAX/MSP SDK provides a buffer structure, named "t_buffer", and its member
variable, "b_valid", has a role to indicate if the buffer is valid.

However, I can't find anything in PD, regarding that.

I am wondering if PD library has a function or variable which is similar in
MAX/MSP SDK to check whether or not a buffer is valid.

If so, I would appreciate if anyone of you let me know it.

Best regards,

Ji-Sun