[PD-dev] Pd external-window crash

nosehair911 at bellsouth.net nosehair911 at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 22 16:53:54 CEST 2007

I am trying to write an external library that uses opencv.  I am using os x 10.4.9 and Pd extended 0.3.9.
To display images and movies opencv uses a call to a window. I have a standalone terminal program
that call the window and displays the image correctly.
When I try to call a window from within Pd I get a window followed by a long stall and eventually a crash.
On my dock I get a second Pd app with no icon like when I open a Gemwin in Gem.  The original app
seems responsive but the second app seems to be in a "I want to crash state" untill it does.
Does anyone how I can figure out what is happening here?  Is it a lib that Pd is lacking?  What is the
best way to bugtrack this?
I know that Pd knows where the opencv libs are at because other opencv functions work flawlessly.
Thanks for any input.
Alain