[PD-dev] repository layout

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Tue Sep 11 20:05:42 CEST 2007

Am 11.09.2007 um 19:58 schrieb Mathieu Bouchard:

>> - desiredata&pd-devel live beside "pd" (not in a separate branch)
>
> If Thomas hasn't changed his mind, pd-devel is going to be obsolete
> soon. The latest changes still have to be picked up from there and
> moved somewhere else, such as sf.net patchtracker and the
> desiredata branch, but for all practical purposes, there will be no
> such branch. Let me also say that pd-devel very much deserves to be
> a branch (rather than a plain folder) because it has rather high
> mergeability with Miller's branch.

No, i haven't, but i have no idea how long it will take to extract
all of the good ideas in pd-devel and make patches for that. Right
now i haven't had time to only make a single one, although that will
most likely change soon.
I'm not sure whether it's better to have pd-devel as a stand-alone
project or let it be a branch... it doesn't seems to really matter.
About the mergeability i'm not so positive... i'm afraid the only way
to really promote the change to pd-main is to hand-craft the patches.

greetings,
Thomas