[PD-dev] oscillator lib

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Sat Dec 22 02:18:57 CET 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-21 at 12:43 -0800, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> There are a number of standard oscillators used in synthesis, I think
> it would be very useful to have a standard library of them.  I think
> at this point there are already implementations of all of the
> oscillators that I can think of, what needs to be done now is to
> define a standard interface and naming scheme, and collect them into
> a standard library.
>
> One question I have is whether they should all be bandwidth-limited,
> based on the current sample rate, or whether this library should have
> both versions.
>
> Anyone interested in working on this?  I think this would also be a
> building block for the standard synth lib that Ed is proposing.

i just want to quickly call attention to pdmtl abs. they already started
a collection of bandlimited oscillators (my table based versions) and
they also have a synth collection. since on the long run i plan to port
everything what i can find to pdmtl anyway, i would like to suggest  -
rather than working on _another_ lib - to create those abstractions for
pdmtl directly.

roman