[PD-dev] CVS to SVN ?

Russell Bryant russell at russellbryant.net
Wed Jan 30 04:59:27 CET 2008

On Jan 29, 2008 8:06 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:

> I am proposing working together to create one build system that can
> generate custom distros.  IEM makes their own custom distros and Pd-
> extended is basically a custom distro as well.  I think we'll all
> benefit if we share this work.  Right now we have multiple parallel
> and conflicting build systems.  I think the asterisk build system has
> some good examples for what we could do.

That sounds good, and I am willing to help out.  I could take some externals
and hack up a demo to see what people think.

However, going back to the subject of this specific thread, is the move to
an svn repository dependent upon resolving this discussion about build
systems?  There are benefits to making the move, even with the exact same
structure and content that exists today.  Furthermore, restructuring things
in an svn repo is "cheap" and easy, and could easily be done after the move.

What, if anything, must be resolved before someone can move everything to
svn?

--
Russell Bryant