[PD-dev] section in SVN for Windows sources

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Feb 22 05:09:36 CET 2008

Ok, I guess silence = no disapproval.  In any case, SVN makes it easy
to move/rename stuff (thanks again IOhannes!)  I created this since I
am now setting up my new Windows machine to build Pd:

http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/sources/

.hc

On Feb 14, 2008, at 5:47 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> For the Windows builds, I need a way to track all of the various
> sources needed (One GNU/Linux and Mac OS X, this is done by the
> package management systems thankfully).  There are a lot:
>
> http://puredata.info/docs/developer/mingw
>
> So I want to use SVN.  This has been discussed in the past, so now
> I am mostly wondering how to make it fit into the SVN layout.  So
> it probably makes sense to have this stuff not in "trunk" since it
> will only ever be used on Windows, that's the first thing I thought
> of.  But I don't have a good sense of how to use SVN for this.  I
> am reading this now:
>
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch07s05.html
>
> Here they recommend checking in the vendor code to "vendor", which
> would be at the same level as "trunk".  Then copying that code into
> "trunk".  Then we'd have a ton of vendor code for windows only in
> trunk.  I am thinking something like having "sources" at the same
> level as "trunk" for this.  Under "sources", there could be "mingw"
> and "cygwin" if need be.  The import would still use the "vendor"
> section, but the code would then be copied to "sources".  How does
> that sound?
>
> Perhaps it's possible to build the whole Pd-extended using Cygwin
> sources, which means that there would be a package management
> system.  Hmm... that would be nice...
>
> .hc

> ------
>
> I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and
> during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle
> man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      -
> General Smedley Butler

----

publicity.          - Bill Moyers